Friday, February 8, 2013

Caramel Casein Pudding

Do you ever feel in the need for something filling at night that won't derail your health efforts? I know this feeling over comes me, especially after an intense work-out. The hunger monster was calling my name the other day and I decided to make a  protein packed pudding that would shut my stomach up.

Casein: is a protein found in milk and is used as a binding agent. This protein is slow-digesting and can help with muscle breakdown while you sleep. If you don't have any milk allergies, this is a great source of protein first thing in the morning or right before bed. The slow digestion helps curb the feeling of hunger.

You'll Need:
1 scoop Casein Powder (I use Gold Standard)
1/2 Cup Almond or Soy Milk
1/4 tsp of Caramel Extract
1tbs Nut Butter of Choice (For this recipe I used cashew...drool)
1 tbsp Unsweetened Carob Chips
8 Bunny Graham (Or any cookie for crunch)

In a bowl Mix the Casein, milk, and extract together. Then in a separate container add the nut butter and carob chips (or you can substitute for dark chocolate chips) in the microwave for 15-30 seconds. Mix all ingredients together with a fork, until you get a pudding consistency. Put the ingredients in the fridge for 15 minutes. When you are ready to eat it top the pudding with your favorite crunchers.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment