Sunday, February 10, 2013

Mango Ginger Cranberry Couscous Salad

Yum, Yum, Yummy! Even though I ate this already, I am drooling for more. Greedy. This  salad was created by accident. Don't you just love when that happens? I know I do, but only when it taste good.  I hope you are able to try this  lovely Salad, as it has been a hit amongst many taste buds. This recipe yields 2 Serving.
You will need:
1 cup of Whole Wheat Couscous(I like the Trader Joe's Brand)
1/2 Mango
1/2 Pink Lady Apple
1/4 Cup Cranberries
1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
1 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
1/4 Cup of Assorted Grape Slices
2-3 Tbsp Makoto Ginger Dressing

Directions:
Boil 1 Cup  of water with a 1/2 tsp of  earth balance spread.  Once the water is boiling add  the cup of couscous and remove from the fire. Keep the pot covered for 5 minutes. With a fork  fluff the couscous in a  heavenly  arrangement of grains. Then place in a large bowl. Finely chop you kale and add to the couscous. Chop the mango, apples and grapes rustically and then add to the mixture. Add the rest of your ingredients and mix well. Serve in a bow and enjoy. 
I like to have this with a half of peasant bread topped with Hummus.  :-)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment