Sunday, March 17, 2013

Yummy Broccoli Salad * Mayo Free


I have always seen the Mayo doused version of this salad and the look of it used to make my stomach turn. YUCK! Sorry I just have a thing for mayo, not really a fan. I can only take it in small...like really small amounts.

Anyhow so my local health food store had a vegan version to this, so I decided to tweak it and add my own spin to it.

You will need:
1 1/2 C Raw Broccoli
1/8 Cup Organic Raisins
1/4 C Fresh shredded carrots
1/8 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 Raw Cashews
1 1/2 Tbsp of Greek Yogurt
1 tsp of Rice Vinegar

In a small container add your cashews and fill with water. Place them in the microwave for 1 minute. This will soften them up and bring out that buttery flavor. You can have the Broccoli raw, but if it gives you an unpleasant audible reaction( you know what I mean), then you can opt to cook it a little to help break down the vegetable and aide in digestion. But don't cook it too long you still want the CRUNCH in this Salad.

Mix all your ingredients in a bowl, cover and let sit in your fridge for 5-10 minutes. Serve and Enjoy

Bon Appetitie


198 Calories, 4.7g Fat, 31g Carbs, 11g Protein, 20g Sugar, 722mg Potassium

2 comments:

  1. Wow this looks/sounds delicious! I don't mind the mayo version (even though I should, I mean mayo isn't really good for you or anything) but this sounds like a great alternative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandi! Mayo is good in small doses, but when you want to make something this creamy, greek yogurt is always a better option. Play with spices and you will be amazed. :-)

      Delete