Sunday, April 7, 2013

Wash Day ∴ Natural hair Routine


My hair has been in a protective style for the past 3 weeks. Here in NY the weather has still been cold and dry. My scalp was starting to itch and I wanted to give my hair some TLC. I know my hair loves moisture, but in these winter months my hair needs protein. I usually make my  own  concoction and avoid over the counter products. Since I’ve had such a busy weekend, I still needed to make a hair mask that will be fortifying and moisturizing.

First I washed my Hair with Carol's Daughter Tui Shampoo. I like this shampoo because it leaves my hair feeling soft and not stripped of it's natural oils and sebum.

I used an entire packet of Palmer’s Coconut oil protein pack and about ¼ cup of Beautiful textures Rapid repair moisture mask.  I also added some coconut and avocado oil along with some wild honey. I popped it in the microwave for 30 seconds and mixed all together.
This actually gave my mixture gave my hair incredible slip. I was very impressed. I sectioned my freshly washed hair in 6 sections and  worked the mask in with my hands as I finger detangled.

I twisted each section and placed under a plastic cap when I was done. I ran around and did some errands, and squeezed in a work-out with this mixture in my hair. I rinsed and stretched my hair with a cool blow drier.
My hair felt strong and had a great shine. I will defiantly be trying a similar combo again.  Here are some Length Checks for you, it has almost been 3 years. I am so excited . I've reached APL!!!
March 2013, post trim of ends
Be happy and be patient, then the growth will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment